Regular attendance is an essential part of a student’s education. Students are expected to be in attendance every school day as required by Colorado state law and district policy.
IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE ABSENT OR LATE:
- Please report the absence online in the Infinite Campus Paren Portal or via instructions here.
- Always notify the office of an absence, not just the classroom teacher.
- For more information on Fireside’s attendance and tardy policies, please review the Daily Attendance & Policies information in Fireside's Student & Family Handbook.
The tone of each day is set during the first few minutes of class and an important portion of the daily lesson is presented during this same precious time. We urge you to stress the importance of regular, prompt attendance and appreciate parent/guardian support in this matter as all students benefit from a timely start.
SCHOOL BEGINS AT 7:50 a.m.
- A welcome bell will ring at 7:48 a.m., alerting students to line up at their classroom doors.
- All students must be lined up outside with their class by 7:50 a.m. Classroom doors will be secured at 7:51 a.m.
- Students arriving after 7:50 a.m. should enter through the front doors of the school building.
- Students arriving in the classroom after 7:50 a.m. will be marked tardy.
- Late arrivals impact every student’s education. Please make sure your child arrives to school on time each day.
- If you know your child will be late to school, please call the office by 8:00 a.m. so s/he is not marked absent.
PRE-ARRANGED ABSENCE FORM
For any planned absence longer than three (3) days, parents are asked to fill out a Pre-Arranged Absence Form . The form should be submitted to the office for approval PRIOR to the absence. Use above link to get the form or they are available in the office.